Excursion Washington DC - Fairfax, VA Sep 30,2015 On this planned day of rest in Fairfax I did the usual thing a long-distance cyclist needs to take care of when he has the opportunity. Here is a tentative list, incomplete surely but it will give you an idea ...:
- air and dry wet tent
- enjoy luxury of shower and warmth
- wash clothes - all of them without going naked 🙂
- eat, eat, eat good homecooked food
- work on my blog (well, I let that slip a bit because I was with friends and we had so much to talk about ...)
- go through gear for the umpteenth time ... this time I can experiment a bit because I know I am going to come back to DC and fly home from here, so I will try a different and leaner gear setup for some days.
- study maps and weather forecasts ... more on that later!