- So now that April and the easter holidays are here, I simply have to relate a rather worrisome experience I had when going for my weekly run with a friend on a nice sunny Thursday afternoon.
- Coming around a bend the two of us were confronted by a growling dog of about 40 centimetres hight but - apart from a boxer-like attitude - indefinable race. The dog wore a collar but no leash. I tried to ward off the obviously aggressive dog and looked up to find its owner - that was the moment the dog took advantage of and bit my hand fairly deeply. The lady owner appeared from behind the bend and stared, shouting hysterically at me. "What have you done to my dog! You are mean, a mean person, I can see that! She's never bitten anyone before!"
- My friend and I were absolutely stunned!! Here I was, bleeding profusely and in shock - and she was accusing me of having provoked her dog!
- After some moments I asked the lady for her identification and she refused at first, saying she felt threatened by the two of us - and threatened us that she would call the police.
- "Ok," I said, "that suits me fine. Let's call the police." She stepped back, my friend took out his phone to take down her number and she attacked us again, obviously hysterical: "Are you taking photos? I won't have that!" "No, madame, nobody is taking photos, but please give us your name and number - I don't want to lose more time before I can run home and then see a doctor."
- Two hours later during which I had entered the emergency room at our local hospital and was made to wait for treatment the lady and her husband came into the waiting room and the man offered me money so I wouldn't go to the police! After being bitten and accused of having "provoked" the dog I did not at all feel like letting these two people get off so lightly. Imagine the dog had not bitten me but a child! In any case I was still too full of pain and adrenalin so I decided to put off a decision until the next day - and went to the police station in the morning.
Great day ride: While my beloved takes the car to Ulm for a shopping spree I take my bike for a ride over the hills to the town of Ehingen and from there along the banks of the river Danube to the ancient city of Ulm. René hat ein Outdoor-Abenteuer mit komoot gemacht! Distanz: 76,9 km […]
Solingen in Germany is called the „City of Blades“, since it has long been renowned for the manufacturing of fine swords, knives, scissors and razors made by famous firms – actually, this began in medieval times! Apart from some troubles when in the latter part of the 17th century a group of swordsmiths from Solingen […]